If you have a business that is heavily reliant on a particular age demographic such as those belonging to the 18 to 34 age group, then you need to engage in sound and highly reliable Snapchat marketing strategies to take full advantage of the many benefits of this social media platform in today’s businesses. And once you have decided to engage your customers through the innovative self-deleting and short-lived multimedia mobile application called Snapchat, give us a call, and we’ll run you through the things we can do to help you with your Snapchat marketing.
But why should you even bother, you might ask? Why not consider the following statistics?
· According to Bloomberg, the average daily views of Snapchat videos grew from a staggering 2 billion in May 2015 to 10 billion daily views by May of 2016? At this rate, Snapchat will get more than 18 billion video views every day by May 2017.
· The number of video views on Snapchat has clearly surpassed that of Facebook, 10 billion versus 8 billion. And while many detractors say that the videos on Snapchat are short-lived compared to the videos on Facebook, it should be noted that the videos on Facebook are set on auto-play. You don’t need to press the “play” button to watch it. On the other hand, Snapchat videos need to be played manually, so users will have to press the “play” button. This simply means that Snapchat users are more engaged in the viewing of videos shared on the social media platform. So, 10 billion video views mean 10 billion active user engagement. Eight billion video views do not even guarantee half of it because the videos automatically play.
· Three out of 5 smartphone users are active Snapchatters. Additionally, 3 out of 5 smartphone users belonging to the age group of 13 to 34 years old are on Snapchat. Now, imagine just how huge your potential follower base can be.
· Snapchat has surpassed Twitter regarding the number of users, 150 million to 140 million. There are only three other social media brands that fared better than Snapchat: Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
· More than three-quarters of Snapchatters have been identified as serious online shoppers.
These are just some of the very remarkable feats that Snapchat has managed to ink in just five years of its existence. A lot of the big name corporations are now devising their very own Snapchat marketing strategies to take full advantage of these figures. You should, too.
And if you’re not yet convinced that you should invest in Snapchat marketing, here are some of the many advantages that you’ll get.
· It has less competition – There is not a single business entity that doesn’t have a Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter account. Since Snaphat is only about half a decade old, there’s not many businesses that have totally embraced it. So, if you act now, you’ll be amazed at just how powerful this platform really is.
· Snapchat offers something very different – With messages, images, and videos that can be programmed to self-delete after some time, now tell us who would not want to be on their toes following your every post? It’s a very unique way of communicating (and marketing to) with your followers as they will be very anxious waiting for your next post.
· Snapchat gives you a sense of authenticity – You don’t need to post professionally-edited images or videos on Snapchat. The more authentic and “real” your posts are, the more endearing you are to your followers.
· It gives you the ability to reach a new audience – Some companies find difficulty reaching Millennials. Using Snapchat has bridged this gap. And if you have a product specifically directed at Millennials, then Snapchat is the answer.
With Snapchat marketing, you can communicate to a particular age group that is quite challenging to reach. More importantly, you will also have the chance to really understand if your digital marketing efforts are bearing fruit or not (remember Facebook vs. Snapchat videos?).
It is, therefore, crucial that you seek the services of a company that has a strong desire to deliver results and has all the proof needed to back up these claims. You need a company you can trust to help you in the development of a results-oriented Snapchat marketing program that takes into consideration the image you want to build for your brand. You need the expertise of Premier SEO Ninjas to help you grow your business and instill brand loyalty among your followers.